You are what you eat. I always try to eat healthy food in order to keep myelf healthy. Some of the things that I always try to do to keep fit are:
1) Whenever I feel like drinking pearl/ bubble milk tea from Chatime or any other shop, I always ask for 0% or 25% sugar. This allows me to drink without feeling so guilty and I can drink more often :P
2) Wait at least 20 minutes after eating before lying down on bed.
3) Try not to eat in big portion but smaller and more frequent.
4) Remove fatty parts from your meat. For example, i try my best not to eat chicken skin, beef or lamb fats. Except maybe KFC (i may eat 10% or 15% of the delicious crispy skin :P )
5) Try to drink green tea whenever possible like before going to sleep or once awake.
6) Work it! Doing house chores, cooking and running after Mikhael help me to keep fit as I am constantly on the move. :P
After the C-section I had when i gave birth, it was so hard to move around without pain. So, it was long before I could move around actively. And after around 6 months, I could be a bit more active and only after 1 year, I could be like how i used to be (moving around and running).
I gained 16 kgs in my third trimester and now Alhamdulillah I have lost the extra kgs and lost even more.